10 Questions to Ask When Planning for Design System Maintenance
Answering the hard questions between you and the efficient, long-term maintenance of your design system.
Design systems can help reduce your product team’s operational costs and increase speed to market, but only if you have a plan to maintain the design system that allows you to move quickly, innovate, and maintain consistency as efficiently as possible.
If you’ve embarked upon creating a design system, or perhaps already finished it, this checklist can help you focus on answering the hard questions between you and the efficient, long-term maintenance of your design system.
Sample question include:
- Is your component library documented in code that references real UI components?
- Do you have your documentation collected in a single source of truth?
- Do you have a clearly defined governance process?
This Checklist Includes:
- The Benefits of a Design System and Maintaining One
- 10 Questions to Ask to Maintain a Design System
- One Bonus Question