App Transformation Workshop: Monoliths to Microservices
Date & Time
May 15, 2018
8:00AM - 4:30PM
DoubleTree by Hilton — Jacksonville Riverfront
1201 Riverplace Blvd Jacksonville, FL, 32207
May 15, 2018
Modernizing a legacy application in one big effort requires a lot of valuable resources. A better approach is to move existing apps to a modern deployment platform, implement DevOps processes, and incrementally replace old code with new functionality. It may sound challenging, but it doesn’t have to be.
Join Levvel and Red Hat technical experts for a hands-on workshop and learn how to manage the complexity of distributed app development with diverse technologies.
Attendees of This Event Will Learn About:
- Migrating an existing legacy JavaTM EE app to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform on OpenShift
- Using modern frameworks like Spring Boot, Wildfly Swarm, Eclipse Vert.x, and Node.js to implement microservices and replace monolithic functionality
- Developing and deploying using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes, and DevOps processes
- The benefits and challenges with microservices, including use cases for reactive microservices
- API gateways and microservices
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is ideal for Java developers, architects, and developer team leads interested in learning more about the latest technologies for modern application development.